|qmp - La Vanguardia|
• LA VANGUARDIA is one of the most prestigious daily newspapers in Spain, and chronicles economic as well as general information. Based in Barcelona, it boasts readership of more than one million (430.000 copies) on its Sunday edtion.
• LA VANGUARDIA is well known for its serious “reporting” style, its focus on the new trends in European journalism and its role in forming the opinions of the political and economic elites in Barcelona and in Spain. More specifically, LA VANGUARDIA prides itself on the fact that one in every four adults in Barcelona reads their Sunday edition.
• Founded in 1881 by the Count of Godó, LA VANGUARDIA has unarguably become the number one reference newspaper for economic information in Barcelona.
• LA VANGUARDIA belongs to Grupo Godó, the most important multimedia holding in Catalonia, and among the four largest in Spain. Grupo Godó, with a staff of over 1.500 employees has a turnover in excess of 400 million Euros.
• LA VANGUARDIA was the first Spanish Newspaper to open an Internet Web Page, featuring all contents of the newspaper (1995).